Thursday, March 31, 2011

A local favorite


I love to discover far off shopping destinations but one of my all time favorite experiences is just 15 minutes from my home. Fields Creek 104 is where I go when I need some inspiration and shop owner, Sharon Merschat never disappoints. Located near downtown the quaint shop is surrounded by lush natural gardens, meandering walkways and twinkling lights - not to mention water features, hardy plants that thrive in our harsh climate and architectural salvage pieces that are rare finds in our area. The shop is separated by a courtyard - the main house and a beautifully renovated garage and both are filled with wonderfully displayed, eclectic and ever changing merchandise.

Stepping into Fields Creek is like taking a deep breath of fresh air. Sharon can answer any decorating or design question I may have and she and her husband, Walt welcome me as if I was a part of their family. Just like my kids and I talk about after returning from a trip… it is great to get away but even better to come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment