Wednesday, March 16, 2011

"Creating balance" and remembering our "authentic selves"

I just finished these chairs and ready to start on the table! Come see them Friday, June 24 and Saturday, June 25. Can’t wait to see you.

Just returned from Jackson/Teton Village and walking gently on a knee after my first snowboarding experience – very fun bonding with my husband and kids as we all learned together.

Lately I have noticed, being our “authentic self” or “creating balance” seem to be a common theme on many of the blogs I follow. I appreciate this as sage advice considering I am on the beginning of my journey into occasional sales. I have contemplated the idea of remaining true to myself and have concluded that preparing for a major event such as an occasional sale, is being my authentic self because it is what I love… but not to forget how much I also love to cook a healthy meal to share with my family, and seek outdoor adventures such as snowboarding and relaxing at the lake that creates quality time with the people who love and inspire me.

In the spirit of being true to myself and giving me a better opportunity to create balance I have returned to my original idea of holding my occasional sale on my own property, a one acre rural space in a shop with a porch that was built four years ago specifically for that purpose. Four years ago circumstances were different and it ultimately was not the right time. Now is the time and my husband has graciously offered to move his belongings from the shop so I can start the process of beautifying the space. I feel more at ease since I made this decision and look forward to fulfilling this long time dream. I do not discount the idea, and appreciate the open invitation, of making a guest appearance at the Corridor sometime in the future (maybe on a cold windy day in the protection of downtown).

No comments:

Post a Comment