Saturday, February 12, 2011

This is inspiration for the soul...


The latest in my search for inspiration came from Portland, Oregon. I, along with my chic and trendy cohorts set out on an adventure inspired by my new found blogger, Cindy Dockins aka The Queen of Tarte. (I know…where have I been?) Cindy really is the queen of occasional sales in the Portland area. Her sale was held in a humble little barn on the outskirts of Oregon City that she, along with a couple creative friends, had magically transformed into the Land of Tarte – it was magnificent! I tend to talk a lot about the feeling I get when I walk into a space such as this one that Cindy had created – but it was exhilarating. The vintage furniture – some painted, some not and some freshly covered with bold print fabric, the treasures covered by apothecary jars, numbers and letters of all shapes and sizes and dress forms proudly modeling one of a kind jewelry twinkled on a backdrop of rustic barn wood. Her sales are scheduled a couple days every month and I felt lucky to be one of many friendly faces who arrived early to catch a piece of the magic. If you are browsing in blog land be sure to check out Cindy’s new location.

No comments:

Post a Comment