Saturday, May 21, 2011

Happy Day!!

Saturday at last!




My shop is coming together. The walls are stained and mod podged and the floor color and sealer is dry. I moved my completed items into the space and I am pleasantly surprised at how it is filling up. Ever since setting the date for the sale I have had this reoccurring nightmare that the sale is about to start, people are showing up and I have not even started any of my projects so I just have to sell everything “as is” – I wake up and my stomach is in knots. The way it looks today – we will be doing our best to find space for everything – that is the kind of problem I love to solve!

Moving large pieces into the shop means clearing out my office so I have space to work on smaller items and some more sewing projects – both sound warm and dry on these rainy spring days – besides the mommy bird who built her nest in the porch on the shop may be able to relax a little between feeding her hungry babies.




I was totally inspired today after stumbling on a DREAM yard sale.



It is always a good sign when at first glance four white chippy Adirondack chairs and a rusty antique wheel barrow are sitting in the driveway - I couldn’t get into the garage fast enough! Turns out the “early birds” beat me this rainy Saturday morning though fortunately, I was still able to snag some great pieces – enough that my husband had to be called in for additional truck space. Lucky for me it gave me enough time to visit with the hostess and host of the sale who are obviously a wonderful couple who I wish I had met before they were selling their home to move to back to Texas. Most surprisingly, it turns out I was talking to a much more experienced and talented blogger, Carissa Fox of Brown Eyed Fox - I can still not believe my good fortune! Check out her blog, specifically “the fox den” – her photos are fantastic and you might recognize a few of her beautiful pieces at my sale.

If you are reading this Carissa…your blog is inspirational and I am excited to follow your continuing story as you move into your new home - you are a true artist and I thank you so much for your words of encouragement today.

Browneyedfox.squarespace.com

Here are a couple of my favorite photos from Carissa’s blog.






Here’s to a great Saturday and say a little prayer for some sunshine tomorrow!

Until then…take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment